Our big celebration, LEP 2017 is part of history now. We have received so many emails over the last 24 hours with your kind words and thoughts about how this was the best party Estonia has ever had. It makes all the long days and hard work worth it.
Our unified goal was to honor Estonia, push the limits of the LEP event and show all that we should celebrate our heritage, we should make it nice, we should spend money, even when as Estonians we are sometimes so reserved and think we can not.
Here is a review for those of you that could not make it.
Some of you decided not to come based on the previous experiences.
We will say this, we have raised the bar and Portland will try hard to do even more.
We can not wait to attend, it will be great also!
We all enjoyed five days of full celebration for Estonia 100 and Estonian heritage here in Los Angeles.
Over 500 people visited LEP 2017 and made new friends and many many life long memories.
Here is how we celebrated, just to name a few of the great events that took place.
- We had a Double Rainbow and the Rain during the opening reception on the terrace.
- Jüri Ratas the Estonian Prime Minister was the first PM to visit Los Angeles
- We all SANG in the Song Festival and Choir performances.
- Estonian Pride Parade to the Folk festival was colorful!
- Very interesting and very informing and emotional seminars
(we had a panelist crying on stage for his love of Estonia)
- Moshing and dancing on the metal concert (moshing started in the 80s here at Orange County, California)
- First stage diving experience for adults (and we were able to catch them , none got hurt!)
- Kids band rocking on stage while audience was dancing and singing all night with them.
- Keeping Estonian and American dream alive and singing American Party Anthem " Don't Stop Believin' " together at the opening and ball.
- All the men on their knees singing " Eesti Naine" in numerous events.
- Dancing under the beautiful UCLA Trees at 4 am under live choir music
- Holding an umbrella on the Accordion player under the rain and singing and dancing in the rain at 5 am.
- Parting every night until 6 AM!
- Enjoying our own little Black Night Movie Festival Marathon until 2 am!
- Holding hands and standing should to shoulder at the Estonian house afterparty and enjoying it all one more time
- We have seen hundreds of sincere and from the bottom of the heart thank you remarks to LEP 2017 ( Including "This is the best Estonian event ever in Northern America " and rating on facebook "Facebook limits me to 5, But I would like to give 10" and " I had no idea LEP 2017 would be so interesting and fun all 5 days and next time Los Angeles is organizing I will make sure all my friends and relatives will come to" etc)
THIS IS A PERSONAL THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU FOR COMING AND JOINING OUR LITTLE GIFT TO ESTONIA TO CELEBRATE 100 YEARS OF ESTONIA!
It was an honor and privilege to serve you all!
LONG LIVE ESTONIA!
TEIE LEP 2017 toimkond
#Estonia100 #LEP2017 #EstonianSocietyofLosAngeles