Flag-raising ceremony at Nathan Philips Square:
Gathering at 10:00 AM, flag-raising ceremony at 10:30 AM (choirs, guides and scouts, Kõla orchestra participating). The organizing committee is calling upon EVERYONE, young and old, to bring along their own “EESTI LIPP”, be it big or small! A sea of blue-black-white flags at City Hall Square…a chance to demonstrate to the world and a chance to affirm for ourselves, how proud we are of our heritage!
The organizing committee is also calling upon absolutely EVERY organization, near and far, to bring along their organization’s flag (täienduskoolid, lasteaiad, choirs, academic organizations, camps, guides, scouts, “maakondlikud” etc., etc., etc.)
A short but mighty procession across Queen to the Sheraton:
A procession-master leading a parade of high-spirited, flag-waving celebrants, their joyous voices raised in song - what parent would want their child to miss the sense of pride such a moment will surely evoke?
Gala luncheon at the Sheraton Centre Dominion Ballroom:
The luncheon includes champagne and a three-course meal (with wine), interspersed with warm greetings by dignitaries and musical entertainment by Leiki Kopvillem’s ensemble. But please stay tuned for details about additional performances in future articles. And what Estonian celebration would be complete without our Charlie (Kipper) and his trusty accordion leading us in song? Songs, near and dear to our hearts, songs we sang in demand of freedom, songs we sing to celebrate our freedom. And Estonia’s 100th anniversary is most definitely the right occasion to reach into your closet for your beautiful “rahvariided” or your favourite styllized version of rahvariided or, at the very least, your favourite “sõlg” and “vöö”.
Ticket prices for the Gala Luncheon:
• Subsidized price for children 12 years and under - $10
• Subsidized price for all students, high school and university - $25
• Subsidized price for adults - a symbolic $100 of course!
• Tickets are at a premium - book your tables early!
• Need a thoughtful Christmas gift? How about tickets to the EV100 gala luncheon?
• Forewarned is forearmed – the adult ticket price will be raised after December 31, 2017.
How to register for the Gala Luncheon:
• Family and friends – gather your group(s) together!
• Organizations – take an example from korp! Sakala - book a table or two for your members!
• All the tables are for 10 – come by yourself, come with a friend or come with a gang, but come!
• Firstly, register your group(s) with HELLE ARRO, See e-posti aadress on spämmirobotite eest kaitstud. Selle nägemiseks peab su veebilehitsejas olema JavaSkript sisse lülitatud., 647-994-4209.
• Secondly, transfer payment to Estonian Credit Union bank account #5630 or make other payment arrangements with Helle.
• Your seat at the gala is ensured once payment has been received.
The EV100 organizing committee will keep you apprised as more information becomes available about this and possibly additional celebratory events taking place on Estonia’s 100th anniversary on February 24, 2018.