- 3 large (or 6 small) beets, scrubbed and cut into wedges
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 150 g wheel garlic Gournay cheese (such as Boursin)
- 1-2 tbsp cold water
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup roasted walnut halves
- extra olive oil
Preheat oven to 400F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper. Drizzle beets and onions with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Arrange into single layer. Bake until beets are caramelized and tender, about 30-40 minutes.
In bowl, whisk cheese and water (1 tbsp at a time) until smooth and creamy.
Plating: On platter (or individual plates) slather cheese mixture almost to edges, top with beets, onions, arugula and walnuts. Drizzle with extra olive oil.