INTERNATIONAL ESTONIAN CENTRE, Toronto
Job Title: Digital Marketing Strategist
Contract type: Contract, anticipated 12-15 hrs/wk
Start date: March 1, 2021 or sooner
Reporting line: Project Managers and Corporate Boards
Location: ability to access to building location site (Bloor & Spadina, Toronto)
WHO WE ARE
Once completed in mid-2022, the International Estonian Centre will be the first major initiative of the 21st century built by those outside of Estonia, dedicated to the celebration of Estonian culture and heritage, and the promotion of Estonian entrepreneurial spirit and its success as a nation. It will be a vibrant gathering place for Estonians of all generations and backgrounds to connect, celebrate, and share our culture and achievements with each other and the world.
This will be a state of the art cultural destination at a prestigious address, in Toronto’s culture corridor. The Centre’s close proximity to Toronto’s financial centre and to the university offers the possibility of links to strengthen and grow valuable international partnerships and, of course, it is proximate to high-end Bloor-Yorkville.
The centre will consolidate the largest Estonian community in Canada and provide a vibrant hub for culture, learning, and digital technology and a natural gathering place for social interaction for Estonians and non-Estonians alike. Designed by 3-time Governor-General Award-winning architect Alar Kongats, the nordic design combines with Estonians’ love of nature, so green space is integral to the design. This includes public outdoor space that can be enjoyed by the community and passers-by, and a charming green roof will be ideal for private events. The courtyard is shaped as the landmass of Estonia itself.
This modern design approach will attract outside organizations and individuals to rent space and facilitate long-term tenancies – and help sustain the financial viability of the Centre.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a digital marketing expert to lead the digital marketing strategy from the ground-up — quite literally as the International Estonian Centre commences its construction. Digital communications is the cornerstone of this project to achieve not only a local footprint, but extend it globally. This role will need to meaningfully storytell its present and future state. It will be important to cultivate a deep understanding of the local, national and international Estonian community and how the centre will appeal to them. The weddings, events, conferences business will also grow from the ground-up. You will join a dynamic group of individuals who are passionate about carving out net-new strategies that will bring the vision of the centre to life.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead go-to-market planning and execution of an integrated and cost-effective digital communications strategy for the project (social media, website, blog and email)
- “Be the face and voice” for the project through captivating on-brand storytelling
- Build and implement a social media plan to establish and grow global awareness as well as engagement against defined KPIs; ability to pivot to meet project needs
- Define and target various audience groups locally and internationally to drive business results
- Website management, optimize SEO and website structure
- Lead reporting and analysis across multiple platforms; provide recommendations on performance optimizations across various digital channels
- Work collaboratively with project stakeholders and other vendors to align on overall project communications initiatives
- Coordinate, procure and produce content for long-form (blog) and short-form (social media) channels
- Design brand visuals to accompany and enhance content
- Execute special projects as assigned by the Project Manager
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE PROJECT
- Proven experience in building digital strategies and communications plans that led to significant gains in customer/client acquisition, brand enhancement and engagement
- Vast experience leading comprehensive data-driven social media and marketing campaigns that dynamically test and measure messaging and content to ensure end-goals are achieved
- Deep understanding of digital tools to deliver strong storytelling
- Extremely strong copywriting, copyediting, and design skills
- Strong project management skills with a keen eye for detail
- A self-starter with a proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- A passion for and experience with start-ups is essential
- All applications should include short and long-form writing samples and reference to previous project results.
More information: www.estoniancentre.ca
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line “Digital Marketing Strategist”