Hands on time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
Tip: This delicious, and immune-system-boosting, curry can be served over steamed rice or eaten on it’s own as like a stew.
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1/3 cup red Thai curry paste
- 3 (400 ml) cans full-fat coconut milk
- 1 large red onion, peeled and sliced into wedges
- 6 large carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 12 large (or 24 small) tiger shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Steamed rice (optional)
Method of preparation
In large pot over medium heat, combine oil and curry paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add coconut milk, onion, carrots, peppers, green onions, rice vinegar, fish sauce and salt. Bring to a simmer; reduce to low. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally until vegetables are softened, about 1 hour. Add spinach and shrimp, stir to combine. Continue to cook until shrimp are pink and cooked through and spinach is wilted, about 5-6 minutes more.
Serve over steamed rice, if desired.